Advocates; Should The President Be Impeached?
Part of The Advocates.
This program uses a slightly different Advocates format: Moderator: Evan Semerjian Advocate: Rep. Jerome Waldie Advocate: A panel of three lawyers James Hill, William Rusher, Henry Monaghan Witnesses: Monroe Freedman Dean, Hofstra Law School Thomas Emerson Yale Law School Rep. Paul McCloskey 0 (R ) California William Dobrovir Attorney, Washington DC Aryeh Neier Executive Director, American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Should The President Be Impeached?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Program Description
This program uses a slightly different Advocates format: Moderator: Evan Semerjian Advocate: Rep. Jerome Waldie Advocate: A panel of three lawyers – James Hill, William Rusher, Henry Monaghan Witnesses: Monroe Freedman – Dean, Hofstra Law School Thomas Emerson – Yale Law School Rep. Paul McCloskey 0 (R ) California William Dobrovir – Attorney, Washington DC Aryeh Neier – Executive Director, American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Produced by WGBH at Faneuil Hall, bears WGBH copyright
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Waldie, Jerome R.
- Monaghan, Henry
- Hill, J. D. (James D.)
- Rusher, William A., 1923-2011
- Neier, Aryeh, 1937-
- Dobrovir, William A.
- Emerson, Thomas I. (Thomas Irwin), 1907-1991
- McCloskey, Paul N., 1927-
- Faneuil Hall, Boston, Massachusetts
- Public Affairs
- Social Issues
- Semerjian, Evan (Moderator)
- Rusher, William (Guest)
- Waldie, Jerome (Guest)
- Freedman, Monroe (Guest)
- Emerson, Thomas (Guest)
- Neier, Aryeh (Guest)
- Hill, James (Guest)
- Dobrovir, William (Guest)
- McCloskey, Paul (Guest)
- Monaghan, Henry (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should The President Be Impeached?,” 01/03/1974, GBH Archives, accessed June 27, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D69791BD366C4D11B4558BDF6AAF8034.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should The President Be Impeached?.” 01/03/1974. GBH Archives. Web. June 27, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D69791BD366C4D11B4558BDF6AAF8034>.
- APA: Advocates; Should The President Be Impeached?. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D69791BD366C4D11B4558BDF6AAF8034