American Experience; Nixon; Nixon in China, 1972 [Part 2 of 2]
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Nixon in China, speech at banquet at end of visit. Close-up, "Communique issued today...is not as important as what we will do in the years ahead, to build a bridge across 16,000 miles and 22 years of hostility which have divided us in the past. (Cutaway to Henry Kissinger and William Rogers listening)... Our two people tonight hold the future of the world in our hands..." Audience applauds (50', sound on film).
- American Experience
- Program Number
Nixon in China, 1972 [Part 2 of 2]
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- United States--Foreign relations--Asia
- International relations
- Zhou, Enlai, 1898-1976
- Prime ministers
- United States--Foreign relations--1945-1989
- Dinners and dining
- United States--Politics and government
- Koppel, Ted, 1940 Feb. 8-
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994
- China--Politics and government
- Zhou, Enlai, 1898-1976 ()
- Koppel, Ted, 1940 Feb. 8- (Speaker)
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 (Speaker)
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Nixon in China, 1972 [Part 2 of 2],” 02/01/1972, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 29, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3ADA19CD6FBE498F91BDAD1DF8642850.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Nixon in China, 1972 [Part 2 of 2].” 02/01/1972. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 29, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3ADA19CD6FBE498F91BDAD1DF8642850>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Nixon in China, 1972 [Part 2 of 2]. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3ADA19CD6FBE498F91BDAD1DF8642850