March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom; Part 10 of 17
Part of March on Washington.
The Educational Radio Network / ERN's coverage of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom Tenth of fifteen hours of broadcast: 5:30 P.M. - 6:30 P.M. Commentaries on march, problems of dispersal, Arthur Miller, VOA report on White House meeting of Top 10 with President Kennedy.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom
Part 10 of 17
- Series Description
Educational Radio Network coverage of the 8/28/1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.
The 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom featured an estimated 250,000 peaceful demonstrators walking from the Washington Monument to the Lincoln Memorial to hear a political call to arms for economic equality and civil rights for African Americans. Credited with being the final impetus to the passing of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the event famously ended with Martin Luther King Jr.’s historic “I Have a Dream” speech. Series release date: 8/28/1963
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, Washington, D.C., 1963.
- African Americans
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Civil rights
- Washington (D.C.)
- Event Coverage
- Social Issues
- Race and Ethnicity
- Miller, Arthur (Speaker)
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom; Part 10 of 17,” 08/28/1963, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_B09706D9A30F4FB1882E8D0A5B3BC5EB.
- MLA: “March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom; Part 10 of 17.” 08/28/1963. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_B09706D9A30F4FB1882E8D0A5B3BC5EB>.
- APA: March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom; Part 10 of 17. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_B09706D9A30F4FB1882E8D0A5B3BC5EB