American Experience; Nixon; ARVN advance
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
1. Wide shot over ARVN helmet as North Vietnam battalion is spotted in field, walking single file a few hundred yards away. Pull back to rear view of ARVN soldiers watching from cover, with machine gun. (All silent). Close shot of ARVN soldier in helmet amid greenery. (SOF) ARVN troops running over Sandy rise, grenade. (58') _-_ 2. ARVN troops crouching on sandy area. Dead tree. Air strikes heard. One explosion and plane in sky seen. Men crouching, some move cautiously forward. One falls as shot is heard. Others running with guns and gear. Closer shots, ARVN moving through green area, firing in brush. ARVN limping back. Grenade thrown. Glimpse of body and ID card. Helicopter, men out, reinforcements. (110' SOF) _-_ 3. Close shot pith helmet. Dead North Vietnamese man, sandals. ARVN soldier cutting at bag on dead soldier, using knife. Going off with bag in one hand and knife sheath in other. ID card and photo with woman. (44', a little bit of SOF).
- American Experience
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Vietnam (Republic)
- ARVN (Army of the Republic of Vietnam)
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; ARVN advance,” 07/01/1972, GBH Archives, accessed December 7, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FF90B2E767A74BC480269EC033204783.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; ARVN advance.” 07/01/1972. GBH Archives. Web. December 7, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FF90B2E767A74BC480269EC033204783>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; ARVN advance. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FF90B2E767A74BC480269EC033204783