American Experience; 1964; Interview with Rick Perlstein, Writer, part 1 of 3
Part of 1964 Interviews.
- American Experience
- Program Number
Interview with Rick Perlstein, Writer, part 1 of 3
- Series Description
As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award.
- Program Description
It was the year of the Beatles and the Civil Rights Act; of the Gulf of Tonkin and Barry Goldwaters presidential campaign; the year that cities across the country erupted in violence and Americans tried to make sense of the Kennedy assassination. Based on The Last Innocent Year: America in 1964 by award-winning journalist Jon Margolis, this film follows some of the most prominent figures of the time Lyndon B. Johnson, Martin Luther King, Jr., Barry Goldwater, Betty Friedan and brings out from the shadows the actions of ordinary Americans whose frustrations, ambitions and anxieties began to turn the country onto a new and different course.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Pollak, Amanda (Producer)
- Perlstein, Rick (Interviewee)
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Rights Summary
Rights Holder: WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “American Experience; 1964; Interview with Rick Perlstein, Writer, part 1 of 3,” 2014, GBH Archives, accessed December 3, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC9207820D474996AE24C33AB1A650D9.
- MLA: “American Experience; 1964; Interview with Rick Perlstein, Writer, part 1 of 3.” 2014. GBH Archives. Web. December 3, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC9207820D474996AE24C33AB1A650D9>.
- APA: American Experience; 1964; Interview with Rick Perlstein, Writer, part 1 of 3. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC9207820D474996AE24C33AB1A650D9