Arthur; Arthur’s Dummy Disaster; Francine and the Feline
WGBH EE Master
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Arthur’s Dummy Disaster; Francine and the Feline
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur's Dummy Disaster: When painfully shy George brings a ventriloquist dummy to school, a popular kid is born! Suddenly, everybody want's to hang with George and his witty wooden pal, Wally. George and Wally remain inseparable, though, and the gang eventually gets pretty tired of talking to a dummy. Can George make it on his own?
Francine and the Feline: Arthur thinks the best pet to have is a dog, and Francine probably would have agreed -- that is, until little Nemo came along. Francine can't help herself -- she's falling for a cute little kitten! What will Arthur think?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Dummy Disaster; Francine and the Feline,” 08/19/1998, GBH Archives, accessed May 17, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC1D0FB2504A459D8A5C1A335BF1C263.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Dummy Disaster; Francine and the Feline.” 08/19/1998. GBH Archives. Web. May 17, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC1D0FB2504A459D8A5C1A335BF1C263>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Dummy Disaster; Francine and the Feline. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_FC1D0FB2504A459D8A5C1A335BF1C263