War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; B-1B Bomber Training Program
Part of War and Peace in the Nuclear Age.
Classroom scenes of students in the B-1B Bomber 338th Combat Crew Training Squadron at Dyess Air Force Base. Basic Bomber Principles Seminar, with lecture, slides, and question from students. Close ups on teachers and students in uniform. Introduction to the training program. Biographical introductions of each of the trainees. Shots of the runway, B-1B bombers taking off and being serviced.
- War and Peace in the Nuclear Age
B-1B Bomber Training Program
- Series Description
The first atomic explosion in the New Mexico desert on July 16, 1945, changed the world forever. This series chronicles these changes and the history of a new era. It traces the development of nuclear weapons, the evolution of nuclear strategy, and the politics of a world with the power to destroy itself.
In thirteen one-hour programs that combine historic footage and recent interviews with key American, Soviet, and European participants, the nuclear age unfolds: the origin and evolution of nuclear weapons; the people of the past who have shaped the events of the present; the ideas and issues that political leaders, scientists, and the public at large must confront, and the prospects for the future. Nuclear Age highlights the profound changes in contemporary thinking imposed by the advent of nuclear weapons. Series release date: 1/1989
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- B-1 bomber
- Nuclear weapons
- Military training
- Nuclear warfare
- United States. Air Force
- Dyess Air Force Base, Abilene, TX
- War and Conflict
- Global Affairs
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; B-1B Bomber Training Program,” 05/27/1987, GBH Archives, accessed January 22, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F95B3D63FC4141C1932A89253E6A658F.
- MLA: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; B-1B Bomber Training Program.” 05/27/1987. GBH Archives. Web. January 22, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F95B3D63FC4141C1932A89253E6A658F>.
- APA: War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; B-1B Bomber Training Program. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F95B3D63FC4141C1932A89253E6A658F