American Experience; Nixon; ARVN survivors from Laos
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
1. Helicopters, wounded. Dusty, confused troops. Wounded crawling, limping off, carried. Body in bag. Interview with ARVN Lieutenant re: no food, water. (72' SOF) 2. Body in bag, tied on pole, carried by two men. More of wounded, helicopters. Men running with stretchers, etc. CU man with bandage. (86' SOF)
- American Experience
- Program Number
ARVN survivors from Laos
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Vietnam (Republic)
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- War wounds
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Campaigns--Laos
- Ham Nghi (Vietnam)
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Medical care
- Military hospitals
- War--Medical aspects
- War casualties
- Ham Nghi, South Vietnam
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; ARVN survivors from Laos,” 03/01/1971, GBH Archives, accessed March 26, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F54AB646BC8E487C90E42F65E0B18E80.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; ARVN survivors from Laos.” 03/01/1971. GBH Archives. Web. March 26, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F54AB646BC8E487C90E42F65E0B18E80>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; ARVN survivors from Laos. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F54AB646BC8E487C90E42F65E0B18E80