Greater Boston; Finneran Departs / Haiti Floods / Angell
Finneran departs / Haiti floods / Angell
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Greater Boston
- Finneran Departs / Haiti Floods / Angell
- Series Description
HUB CITY AT ITS BEST. A LOOK AT EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY INTERESTING IN BOSTON. HOSTED BY EMILY ROONEY. Series release date: 1/1997
- Program Description
1) Two state representatives talk about their affinity for departing Speaker Thomas Finneran because of their like backgrounds and socially conservative views. 2) Floods resulting from Hurricane Jeanne have devastated Haiti. The impact will be long lasting. Aid and relief efforts are insufficient. Nicole Cesar says that catastrophes strike Haiti harder than other places in the world because their collective energies have been depleted. 3) Pharmaceutical companies do not keep the best interests of patients, especially poor and elderly, foremost in their motives and methods for drug development. Patents, marketing and profit lead the way.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- News Report
- Local Communities
- Chicago: “Greater Boston; Finneran Departs / Haiti Floods / Angell,” 09/28/2004, GBH Archives, accessed June 9, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F49A347F0395412487791EF5E3C46C44.
- MLA: “Greater Boston; Finneran Departs / Haiti Floods / Angell.” 09/28/2004. GBH Archives. Web. June 9, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F49A347F0395412487791EF5E3C46C44>.
- APA: Greater Boston; Finneran Departs / Haiti Floods / Angell. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F49A347F0395412487791EF5E3C46C44