Arthur; Grandpa Dave’s Memory Album; Buster’s Carpool Catastrophe
WGBH Master Grandpa Dave’s Memory Album, 183A Buster’s Carpool Catastrophe, 183B
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grandpa Dave’s Memory Album; Buster’s Carpool Catastrophe
- Program Number
1506; 183A; 183B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Grandpa Dave’s Memory Album, 183A Grandpa Dave is moving closer to the family and the kids are thrilled. But something isn’t quite right; he’s forgetting all sorts of things. Joan Rivers, reprising her role as Francine’s grandmother, is on hand to help the kids understand that Grandpa Dave loves them just as much as he always has, even if he has trouble with his memory.
Educational objective: Arthur and D.W. learn that getting old can affect one’s memory, and that family love and support can get everyone through tough times.
Buster’s Carpool Catastrophe, 183B Muffy, Arthur and Buster are carpooling to their cooking class. Buster wants this to be the best car pool ever, but his rolling party on wheels turns into a disaster. Can the kids stop fighting long enough to see the sights right in front of them?
Educational objective: The kids learn that in challenging situations, sometimes you need to work harder to get along. But the pay-off is great because then you’re in it together and supporting each other.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Grandpa Dave’s Memory Album; Buster’s Carpool Catastrophe,” GBH Archives, accessed March 20, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F172025ECECF4682A46F81D96BCF802C.
- MLA: “Arthur; Grandpa Dave’s Memory Album; Buster’s Carpool Catastrophe.” GBH Archives. Web. March 20, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F172025ECECF4682A46F81D96BCF802C>.
- APA: Arthur; Grandpa Dave’s Memory Album; Buster’s Carpool Catastrophe. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_F172025ECECF4682A46F81D96BCF802C