American Experience; Nixon; Quang Tri amphibious assault, 1972
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Amphibious assault near Quang Tri, Vietnam. ARVN (Army of the Republic of Vietnam) troops wading ashore, white sand, landing craft, big explosions nearby (from covering air strikes). Huge blast of black smoke off shore (one of their ships must have been hit). Burning off shore, as more landing craft are between fire and beach. Soldiers and helmet in foreground.
- American Experience
- Program Number
Quang Tri amphibious assault, 1972
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Quang Tri (Vietnam : Province)
- ARVN (Army of the Republic of Vietnam)
- Vietnam (Republic)
- Vietnam (Republic)
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Quang Tri, Vietnam
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Quang Tri amphibious assault, 1972,” 05/06/1972, GBH Archives, accessed December 7, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA7A3CD850B34BE69FD346F5CA0E2D29.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Quang Tri amphibious assault, 1972.” 05/06/1972. GBH Archives. Web. December 7, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA7A3CD850B34BE69FD346F5CA0E2D29>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Quang Tri amphibious assault, 1972. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA7A3CD850B34BE69FD346F5CA0E2D29