Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; Candide
1999 MAPC Preservation Master
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama
- Program Number
- Series Description
BBC productions of classic drama; interviews with actors, directors precede each play: "Edward II," "Macbeth," "The Duchess of Malfi," "Paradise Restored," "She Stoops to Conquer," "Candide," "The Rivals," "The Wild Duck," "Hedda Gabler," "Trelawny of the Wells," "The Three Sisters," "The Playboy of the Western World," "Uncle Vanya," "Mrs. Warren's Profession."
Interviews with actors, directors and scholars aired the evening before on Classic Theatre Preview.
See Prime Time Program Guide September 1975 for cover story. Series release date: 1975
- Program Description
A satirical novel tracking the travels and troubles of Candide, a hopeless optimist who survives a world of suffering and the friendship of a charlatan in order to find his true love. Art, song, and comic book illustrations are used to explore the depths of this short satire. Featured speakers include director Harold Ramis, actress Kristen Chenoweth, and cartoonist Chris Ware.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Wilson, Joan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; Candide,” 07/31/1975, GBH Archives, accessed January 22, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA0A31C58BB647DC8B26C739108AACD9.
- MLA: “Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; Candide.” 07/31/1975. GBH Archives. Web. January 22, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA0A31C58BB647DC8B26C739108AACD9>.
- APA: Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; Candide. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_EA0A31C58BB647DC8B26C739108AACD9