Ten O'Clock News; Timilty and Finnegan campaigning
Campaigning in mayoral race: Joseph Timilty in Ashmont Hill, Dorchester. He speaks on displacement and discusses issues with local families. David Finnegan speaks to press at Boston harbor on returning harbor to its primacy. He explains the importance and efficiency of commuter transportation across the water during an energy crisis.
- Ten O'Clock News
Timilty and Finnegan campaigning
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Finnegan, David I.
- Press conferences
- Timilty, Joseph F., 1938-
- Politics, Practical
- Political campaigns
- Dorchester (Boston, Mass.)
- Boston Harbor (Mass.)
- News Report
- Stevens, Sharon (Reporter)
- Finnegan, David I. (Speaker)
- Timilty, Joseph F., 1938- (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Timilty and Finnegan campaigning,” 08/02/1979, GBH Archives, accessed May 20, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E40D767E0DE14BAA86EE5A8968917664.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Timilty and Finnegan campaigning.” 08/02/1979. GBH Archives. Web. May 20, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E40D767E0DE14BAA86EE5A8968917664>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Timilty and Finnegan campaigning. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E40D767E0DE14BAA86EE5A8968917664