Simply Ming; Chinese Mustard and Creme fraiche
Uncaptioned For D Beta
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Simply Ming
- Chinese Mustard and Creme fraiche
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Barry Maiden You probably wouldn’t think of Chinese mustard and crème fraiche on the same day, never mind put them in the same dish. But after watching today’s show you will most certainly add them to your pantry. Ming will begin by making a fabulous appetizer for any gathering with his Crab “Rangoons” with Mustard Dipping Sauce, followed by two favorites in the SIMPLY MING kitchen, Oyster Ragout with Mustard Cream and Braised Sake Chicken a la Ming. Finally, show friend, Hungry Mother’s Barry Maiden, will give you another reason to put Chinese mustard and crème fraiche on your next shopping list with his Mustard Spiced Pork "Grillades" & Grits
Recipes Crab “Rangoons” with Mustard Dipping Sauce Barry Maiden's Mustard Spiced Pork "Grillades & Grits" Braised Sake Chicken a la Ming Oyster Ragout with Mustard Cream
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Chinese Mustard and Creme fraiche,” 11/03/2010, GBH Archives, accessed December 4, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E10FB45717BD47CAA2CF541367D97808.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Chinese Mustard and Creme fraiche.” 11/03/2010. GBH Archives. Web. December 4, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E10FB45717BD47CAA2CF541367D97808>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Chinese Mustard and Creme fraiche. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_E10FB45717BD47CAA2CF541367D97808