Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; When Home Is A House Of Cards
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- When Home Is A House Of Cards
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
While Ruff is trying to build a card table (which, of course, he naturally assumes is a table made of cards), he interviews the first candidate for his new assistant. This is a mouse named Chet who abruptly moves into the FETCH 3000. Ruff has no choice—Chet is now an employee. In the spirit of helping animals, Ruff sends Sammy and Sam to the MSPCA to make a promotional video. Noël and Jay's challenge is to meet up with a famous card stacker and build a tower of cards.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; When Home Is A House Of Cards,” GBH Archives, accessed March 8, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D9EC8FD6ADBB42DA908317E532117DDE.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; When Home Is A House Of Cards.” GBH Archives. Web. March 8, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D9EC8FD6ADBB42DA908317E532117DDE>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; When Home Is A House Of Cards. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D9EC8FD6ADBB42DA908317E532117DDE