Advocates; Would the Nation be Better Off if Fewer People Went to College
Part of The Advocates.
Moderator: Evan Semerjian Advocate: Collette Manoil Advocate: John Burgess Witnesses: Fritz Machlup: New York University Paul Kurtz: Professor of Philosophy, Buffalo Freda Rebelsky: Professor of Psychology, Boston University Dr. Kenneth Tollett: Howard University
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Would the Nation be Better Off if Fewer People Went to College
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Program Description
Moderator: Evan Semerjian Advocate: Collette Manoil Advocate: John Burgess Witnesses: Fritz Machlup – New York University Paul Kurtz – Professor of Philosophy, Buffalo Freda Rebelsky – Professor of Psychology, Boston University Dr. Kenneth Tollett – Howard University Produced by WGBH at Faneuil Hall. Bears WGBH copyright
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Rebelsky, Freda, 1931-
- Tollett, Kenneth S.
- Machlup, Fritz, 1902-1983
- Kurtz, Paul, 1925-
- Faneuil Hall, Boston, Massachusetts
- Public Affairs
- Social Issues
- Burgess, John (Guest)
- Tollett, Kenneth (Guest)
- Semerjian, Evan (Moderator)
- Machlup, Fritz (Guest)
- Rebelsky, Freda (Guest)
- Kurtz, Paul (Guest)
- Manoil, Collette (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Would the Nation be Better Off if Fewer People Went to College,” 01/03/1974, GBH Archives, accessed December 1, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D61BE5FE7C7E47BCB950443F8B4A5D74.
- MLA: “Advocates; Would the Nation be Better Off if Fewer People Went to College.” 01/03/1974. GBH Archives. Web. December 1, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D61BE5FE7C7E47BCB950443F8B4A5D74>.
- APA: Advocates; Would the Nation be Better Off if Fewer People Went to College. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D61BE5FE7C7E47BCB950443F8B4A5D74