Advocates; Should The U.S. Agree To United Nations Control Of Undersea Mining?
Part of The Advocates.
Moderator: Marilyn Berger Advocate: Randall Robinson Advocate: Lew Crampton Taped interview with Elliot Richardson US Ambassador to the Law of the Sea Conference Witnesses: Ralph Ochan International Law Attorney Paul McCloskey (R) California Northcutt Ely International Lawyer Professor John Flipse Ocean Engineering, Texas A&M
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Should The U.S. Agree To United Nations Control Of Undersea Mining?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Program Description
Moderator: Marilyn Berger Advocate: Randall Robinson Advocate: Lew Crampton Taped interview with Elliot Richardson – US Ambassador to the Law of the Sea Conference Witnesses: Ralph Ochan – International Law Attorney Paul McCloskey – (R) California Northcutt Ely – International Lawyer Professor John Flipse – Ocean Engineering, Texas A&M Co-produced with the Institute of Politics at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. Bears WGBH copyright.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Berger, Marilyn
- Ely, Northcutt, 1903-1997
- Flipse, John E.
- Richardson, Elliot L., 1920-1999
- McCloskey, Paul N., 1927-
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Public Affairs
- Social Issues
- Robinson, Randall (Guest)
- Flipse, John (Guest)
- Ely, Northcutt (Guest)
- Richardson, Elliot (Guest)
- Berger, Marilyn (Moderator)
- McCloskey, Paul (Guest)
- Crampton, Lew (Guest)
- Ochan, Ralph (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should The U.S. Agree To United Nations Control Of Undersea Mining?,” 03/18/1979, GBH Archives, accessed June 27, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D0BB4DA0A6E147B38F131C3037C7FD8B.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should The U.S. Agree To United Nations Control Of Undersea Mining?.” 03/18/1979. GBH Archives. Web. June 27, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D0BB4DA0A6E147B38F131C3037C7FD8B>.
- APA: Advocates; Should The U.S. Agree To United Nations Control Of Undersea Mining?. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D0BB4DA0A6E147B38F131C3037C7FD8B