Martha Speaks; Return of the Bookbots: The Case of the Missing Words, Parts One and Two
WGBH Broadcast Master
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Martha Speaks
- Return of the Bookbots: The Case of the Missing Words, Parts One and Two
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Return of the Bookbots: The Case of the Missing Words, Part One Joe Fallon The Bookbots are back and faced with a new nemesis: The Announcer! Armed with the power to transform words on a page into tangible objects, the Announcer is wreaking havoc on Wagstaff City. Can our heroes utilize their semantic savvy to stifle this predicate-pilfering perpetrator?
Vocabulary (E) noun, remove, term, insert, announce(r)
Return of the Bookbots: The Case of the Missing Words, Part Two Joe Fallon The Announcer is still at large and has put the city into grammatical peril. Fortunately, the Bookbots have discovered a secret weapon: adjectives! Equipped with this new linguistic leverage, our heroes may just be able to turn the tides and save their beloved city from their phonological foe.
Vocabulary (E) oath, adjective, define, modify, weightless
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Return of the Bookbots: The Case of the Missing Words, Parts One and Two,” 04/04/2012, GBH Archives, accessed January 29, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CFC6A2F9354F432FAF3E90D506CF6974.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Return of the Bookbots: The Case of the Missing Words, Parts One and Two.” 04/04/2012. GBH Archives. Web. January 29, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CFC6A2F9354F432FAF3E90D506CF6974>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Return of the Bookbots: The Case of the Missing Words, Parts One and Two. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CFC6A2F9354F432FAF3E90D506CF6974