Martha Speaks; Martha Show, The
The Martha Show, Part 1; The Martha Show, Part 2 MSPE 301 PBS
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Martha Speaks
- Martha Show, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
The Martha Show, part 1
Martha has been offered a chance to host a children's TV show with her friends! The gang tries to agree on the perfect kids' show. (1st of two parts)
Vocabulary: (E) genre(s), drama(tic)(s), educational, merchandise, style, comed(y)(ies)(ic)
(I) co-star, medical, program(s), watch, script
The Martha Show, part 2
Having your own kids' show is more complicated than Martha expected. Our talking dog comes up with a whale of a show. But is her new partner — or TV — ready for it? (2nd of two parts)
Vocabulary: (E) pilot, imaginative, suspense, depict(ing)(ion)(ed)
(I) duo, viewers, children('s), pirate(s), whale
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha Show, The,” GBH Archives, accessed April 23, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CE00094415AA4AD9BD1D6452F99E74D8.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha Show, The.” GBH Archives. Web. April 23, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CE00094415AA4AD9BD1D6452F99E74D8>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha Show, The. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CE00094415AA4AD9BD1D6452F99E74D8