Arthur; Arthur’s Baby; D.W.’s Baby
Arthur Home Video Master - “Arthur’s Baby” , “DW’s Baby” -Full Mix Ch 1&2, M&E Mix Ch 3&4, not captioned.
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arthur’s Baby; D.W.’s Baby
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur's Baby: Arthur is not too sure he's ready for a new baby in the house. What do babies do besides cry... crY... cRY... CRY! As the months fly by, Arthur imagines life with the new baby. Some of his fears seem to ring true: Kate doesn't like him. Or does she? Based on a book of the same title by Marc Brown.
D.W.'s Baby: Living with a baby is no picnic. No one ever told D.W. that babies cried all the time, and threw up on your clothes, and got all the attention. Just how long will Baby Kate be hanging around, anyway? And who would even miss D.W. if she ran away to Button Island?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Baby; D.W.’s Baby,” GBH Archives, accessed December 1, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C8F617B928DA49BDBAE1A67C9E7B0A9C.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Baby; D.W.’s Baby.” GBH Archives. Web. December 1, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C8F617B928DA49BDBAE1A67C9E7B0A9C>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Baby; D.W.’s Baby. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C8F617B928DA49BDBAE1A67C9E7B0A9C