Evening at Pops; James Taylor
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Evening at Pops
- James Taylor
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Pop-rock superstar James Taylor makes his Boston Pops debut with a program that includes several of his hits and a couple of surprises. The mellow rocker performs "Secret of Life" and "Copperline" with his band, then teams up with the Pops strings for "Carolina in My Mind" and the full orchestra for "Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight." To top off the evening, Taylor, his band, and the Pops bring the house down with the bluesy "Steamroller."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; James Taylor,” GBH Archives, accessed May 25, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4C2866FECEF40A988058DD03DEEB5C5.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; James Taylor.” GBH Archives. Web. May 25, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4C2866FECEF40A988058DD03DEEB5C5>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; James Taylor. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_C4C2866FECEF40A988058DD03DEEB5C5