La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Daniel Catan
APT Master LPLZ 404
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- La Plaza
- Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Daniel Catan
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Host Ilan Stavans chats with Daniel Catan, Latin America’s pre-eminent living composer of opera, on February 10. Born in Mexico City, Catan is widely regarded as the most important composer of opera in Latin America. Stavans and he discuss Catan’s highly acclaimed work, "Florencia en el Amazonas."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Daniel Catan,” 02/10/2004, GBH Archives, accessed December 9, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BCA67E08773848C4A133DEB086792E2F.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Daniel Catan.” 02/10/2004. GBH Archives. Web. December 9, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BCA67E08773848C4A133DEB086792E2F>.
- APA: La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Daniel Catan. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_BCA67E08773848C4A133DEB086792E2F