La Plaza; Sworn to the Drum: A Tribute to Francisco Arabella
Acquisition Program LP 1808 Sworn to the Drum: A Tribute to Francisco Arabella
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- La Plaza
- Sworn to the Drum: A Tribute to Francisco Arabella
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Director Les Blanc and producer Tom Luddy present a portrait of Francisco Aguabella in his role as a sacred drummer and a figure of historical influence in Latin Jazz.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Sworn to the Drum: A Tribute to Francisco Arabella,” GBH Archives, accessed January 22, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B827F9FCBEEA40D68F5F22196770EB9D.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Sworn to the Drum: A Tribute to Francisco Arabella.” GBH Archives. Web. January 22, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B827F9FCBEEA40D68F5F22196770EB9D>.
- APA: La Plaza; Sworn to the Drum: A Tribute to Francisco Arabella. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_B827F9FCBEEA40D68F5F22196770EB9D