Arthur; D.W. Beats All; It Came From Beyond
D.W. Beats All & It Came From Beyond WGBH Master
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- D.W. Beats All; It Came From Beyond
- Program Number
906; 909; 124A;124B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
909: D.W. Beats All: After the Tibbles get a set of drums to play at the music festival, D.W. is determined to get an even bigger and louder one. But when Mom tells her she can't get everything she wants (gasp!), D.W. realizes that she can march to a different beat.
906: It Came from Beyond: Grandma Thora takes in a stray: an adorable little dog named...Killer? It soon becomes clear that the name fits, as Killer bullies every person and animal in sight. Can Killer let her guard down long enough to make a few friends, or will she have to give up her new home?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W. Beats All; It Came From Beyond,” 01/26/2005, GBH Archives, accessed March 8, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD6A091675964595BA4D6F41FFE5971A.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W. Beats All; It Came From Beyond.” 01/26/2005. GBH Archives. Web. March 8, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD6A091675964595BA4D6F41FFE5971A>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W. Beats All; It Came From Beyond. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD6A091675964595BA4D6F41FFE5971A