Ten O'Clock News; Fish Pier renovation
Boston waterfront. Dock scenes. Just caught fish in barrels on dock. Lumpers with rubber gloves and overalls. Boston Fish Market Corporation building. Press conference led by Massport director David Davis, who announces renovation of Fish Pier. Rep. Joseph Moakley speaks. He goes over the history of the fishing industry in Boston, Massachusetts, and the United States. He provides details on the redevelopment of the pier, and mentions the effects of the 200 mile limit enacted by Congress. Helen Keyes of the U.S. Dept. of Commerce speaks. George Kariotis, transportation secretary Barry Locke, Lt. Gov. Tom O'Neill are present.
View online at the Boston TV News Digital Library
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Ten O'Clock News
Fish Pier renovation
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Press conferences
- City planning
- Locke, Barry, 1930-2007
- Moakley, John Joseph, 1927-2001
- O'Neill, Thomas P., 1944-
- Massachusetts Port Authority
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Moakley, John Joseph, 1927-2001 (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Fish Pier renovation,” 08/15/1979, GBH Archives, accessed May 30, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD582B1760824540ABC4A1CB51F7D505.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Fish Pier renovation.” 08/15/1979. GBH Archives. Web. May 30, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD582B1760824540ABC4A1CB51F7D505>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Fish Pier renovation. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD582B1760824540ABC4A1CB51F7D505