Martha Speaks; Martha's Chair; T.D. the Pack Rat
MSPE 201 MI# 1123560 PBS
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Martha Speaks
- Martha's Chair; T.D. the Pack Rat
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha's family has a birthday surprise — a new dog bed! After a few sleepless nights, the family realizes that Martha misses her stinky old chair. But Mrs. Demson bought it and has plans of her own for the chair after she sees one just like it on Antiques Roadshow.
(E) antique, donate, upholstery, profit, valuable
(I) furniture, worth, worthless, rich, cost, clean
T.D. the Pack Rat
T.D. has too much junk! T.D.'s mom makes him an offer: He can keep everything he has, as long as he doesn’t bring anything else home. Does T.D. have the willpower? Vocabulary
(E) worthless, rubbish, clutter, salvage, priceless, perspective
(I) garbage, junk, collect, keep, sell
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha's Chair; T.D. the Pack Rat,” GBH Archives, accessed March 1, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD580E99834744789AB6DCF3973342C2.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha's Chair; T.D. the Pack Rat.” GBH Archives. Web. March 1, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD580E99834744789AB6DCF3973342C2>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha's Chair; T.D. the Pack Rat. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_AD580E99834744789AB6DCF3973342C2