Africans In America; Revolution (1750–1805); Interview with John Kaminski, 1996
Part of Africans in America.
John Kaminski is interviewed about the Declaration of Independence , the rough draft of the Declaration of Independence, post-war America in the 1780s, the world "slavery" in the Constitution
- Africans In America
- Revolution (1750–1805)
- Program Number
Interview with John Kaminski, 1996
- Series Description
Broadcast: October 1998 This series explores the central paradox that is at the heart of the American story: a democracy that declared all men equal but enslaved and oppressed one people to provide independence and prosperity to another. The series opens in the 16th century on Africa's Gold Coast with the European and African trade, and ends on the eve of the American Civil War in 1861. Africans in America examines the economic and intellectual foundations of slavery in America and the global economy that prospered from it. The series reveals how the presence of African people and their struggle for freedom transformed America. Series release date: 10/1998
- Program Description
102 Revolution (1750–1805)--While the American colonies challenge Britain for independence, American slavery is challenged from within as men and women fight to define what America will be. When the War of Independence is won, black people, both enslaved and free, seize on the language of freedom even while the new nation's Constitution codifies slavery and oppression as a national way of life. Producer: Noland Walker.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Race and Ethnicity
- Smith, Llewellyn (Series Producer)
- Kaminski, John (Interviewee)
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Rights Summary
Rights Holder: WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “Africans In America; Revolution (1750–1805); Interview with John Kaminski, 1996,” 11/27/1996, GBH Archives, accessed June 27, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A804233570C14908B02B16B6514DFEF4.
- MLA: “Africans In America; Revolution (1750–1805); Interview with John Kaminski, 1996.” 11/27/1996. GBH Archives. Web. June 27, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A804233570C14908B02B16B6514DFEF4>.
- APA: Africans In America; Revolution (1750–1805); Interview with John Kaminski, 1996. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A804233570C14908B02B16B6514DFEF4