Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Steam Bent Lounge Chair
Rough Cut Ep 306 Steam Bent Chair
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Steam Bent Lounge Chair
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Steam Bent Chair On this installment of Rough Cut, Tommy builds a beautiful, sleek steam bent lounge chair – perfect for inside and out. To teach us more about the ancient art of steam bending, he takes us on a Road Trip to Newport, Rhode Island’s International Yacht Restoration School. Back in the shop, Tommy is joined by Rough Cut regular, Eli Cleveland.
Resources: Jointer Planer Table Saw Steam-box Drill
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Steam Bent Lounge Chair,” 09/18/2012, GBH Archives, accessed April 23, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A68A90BC8BA143EFBA79C06889B142EB.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Steam Bent Lounge Chair.” 09/18/2012. GBH Archives. Web. April 23, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A68A90BC8BA143EFBA79C06889B142EB>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Steam Bent Lounge Chair. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A68A90BC8BA143EFBA79C06889B142EB