La Plaza; Miguel Marmol: Central American Legend
(with subtitles) STEREO & DOLBY/ C.A. LEGEND
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- La Plaza
- Miguel Marmol: Central American Legend
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
This special half-hour documentary presents an 83 year old labor leader from El Salvador who unveils the struggles of workers and peasants in his troubled native land. The program examines the many faces of El Salvador’s political and economic status.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Miguel Marmol: Central American Legend,” 11/29/1988, GBH Archives, accessed December 9, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1767BD91794433BBE54EEE976FE849F.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Miguel Marmol: Central American Legend.” 11/29/1988. GBH Archives. Web. December 9, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1767BD91794433BBE54EEE976FE849F>.
- APA: La Plaza; Miguel Marmol: Central American Legend. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1767BD91794433BBE54EEE976FE849F