Ten O'Clock News; Faneuil Hall environs
Mounted Boston police officer near Quincy Market. Crowds of children pet horse. Street performer. Angled view of upper facade of Faneuil Hall juxtaposed with Sixty State Street high rise. Quincy Market plaque. Grasshopper weather vane. Sign for “Where's Boston?”
- Ten O'Clock News
Faneuil Hall environs
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Quincy's Market (Boston, Mass.)
- Faneuil Hall (Boston, Mass.)
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Faneuil Hall environs,” 06/15/1978, GBH Archives, accessed March 7, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1165C1AB5214A6FAEA4B85FCFD1C422.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Faneuil Hall environs.” 06/15/1978. GBH Archives. Web. March 7, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1165C1AB5214A6FAEA4B85FCFD1C422>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Faneuil Hall environs. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A1165C1AB5214A6FAEA4B85FCFD1C422