Ten O'Clock News; Kevin White Press conference
Press conference statement followed by Q&A. Discussion of 2 courts decisions. One that requires half of construction in Boston goes to Boston residents is not unconstitutional, with additional mention of minorities and women. The other decision is an injunction on the police plan. Kevin White and Robert Ryan (Head of BRA), answers questions, along with other White administration officials.
View online at the Boston TV News Digital Library
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Ten O'Clock News
Kevin White Press conference
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- White, Kevin H.
- Municipal government
- Employment policy
- Political corruption
- City planning
- News Report
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- White, Kevin H. (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Kevin White Press conference,” 02/28/1983, GBH Archives, accessed April 2, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A0651DAC399F4BAFA3798635158F2DC2.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Kevin White Press conference.” 02/28/1983. GBH Archives. Web. April 2, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A0651DAC399F4BAFA3798635158F2DC2>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Kevin White Press conference. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_A0651DAC399F4BAFA3798635158F2DC2