French Chef; Cold Souffles and Bavarian Cream
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- French Chef
- Cold Souffles and Bavarian Cream
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered locally February 1962 and July- August 1962, nationally in Feb. 1963 - approx. 300 shows produced. 1963-1973.
Original series ran 1963 to July 1966, then went into reruns through September 1970.
In October 1970 the new French Chef 200 series was shot in color and taped on the set at WGBH. Included in the programs were footage of Julia’s summer trip to France.
The 1971-1972 season was a tour of the French Classics: 26 half hour programs designed as a refresher course for experienced cooks and as a jet-assist takeoff for beginners.
After a funding scare, Polaroid funded a full 1972-1973 season. The theme was: The French Chef Faces Life. Julia shows viewers how to cope with situations that reflect the demands of society, family and lifestyle such as Sudden Company or a three course sit down dinner and getting kids involved in cooking.
NOTE: Beginning August 6, 1972, The French Chef repeated popular shows as a captioned edition. Series release date: 2/1962
- Program Description
Rediscovery of an age-old dessert.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Lockwood, Ruth (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “French Chef; Cold Souffles and Bavarian Cream,” GBH Archives, accessed May 24, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9EC8D5D09AE541D49E4FF19256EFA602.
- MLA: “French Chef; Cold Souffles and Bavarian Cream.” GBH Archives. Web. May 24, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9EC8D5D09AE541D49E4FF19256EFA602>.
- APA: French Chef; Cold Souffles and Bavarian Cream. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9EC8D5D09AE541D49E4FF19256EFA602