Simply Ming; On the Road in Canada: Andy Liu in Richmond, BC
Simply Ming Canada - On the Road in Canada: Andy Liu in Richmond, BC - SMMG1116 Output Master
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Simply Ming
- On the Road in Canada: Andy Liu in Richmond, BC
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Andy Liu
On the road in Richmond, British Columbia, Chef Ming Tsai and Chef Andy Liu cook with one of the region's best local ingredients, crab. On this episode of Simply Ming, they cook crab together, not one, not two – but four different ways – combining their own tricks and techniques for getting the most flavor. Chef Andy takes on three dishes from his restaurant including Wok Stirred Spicy Crab with Ham, Wok Stirred Crab with Garlic and Ginger, and Wok Stirred Crab with Salted Duck Egg. With all this food, Ming keeps it simple with a traditional Scallion Pancake with Crab.
Recipes Scallion Pancake with Crab
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; On the Road in Canada: Andy Liu in Richmond, BC,” 11/20/2013, GBH Archives, accessed April 2, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9DFBA15233C54534BF207BBEDD4F8637.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; On the Road in Canada: Andy Liu in Richmond, BC.” 11/20/2013. GBH Archives. Web. April 2, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9DFBA15233C54534BF207BBEDD4F8637>.
- APA: Simply Ming; On the Road in Canada: Andy Liu in Richmond, BC. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9DFBA15233C54534BF207BBEDD4F8637