Food Trip with Todd English; Boston: Andiamo Mangiare
Food Trip with Todd English 112 Boston: Andiamo Mangiare SD Base Revision 001
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Boston: Andiamo Mangiare
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Broadcast in 2007 COME ALONG WITH TODD ENGLISH AS HE GETS SWEPT UP IN THE ITALIAN-AMERICAN FESTIVITIES OF THE FISHERMAN’S FEAST CELEBRATIONS IN BOSTON’S NORTH END, WITH A STOP TO TASTE THE BEST CANNOLI WITH PBS’S CIAO ITALIA HOST MARY ANN ESPOSITO. AFTER A CRASH COURSE IN SAUSAGE MAKING AT THE SULMONA MEAT MARKET, TODD DROPS IN ON HIS MOTHER, PATTY, JUST IN TIME TO HELP HER PREPARE BRESCIOLA- ONE OF HIS FAVORITE DISHES FROM CHILDHOOD. TO COMPLETE THE SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY, TODD INVITES BOSTON MAYOR THOMAS MENINO TO JOIN HIM FOR A LUNCH OF ITALIAN SPECIALTIES. BACK IN HIS OWN KITCHEN AT OLIVES, TODD SUMS UP THIS FOOD TRIP WITH HIS INTERPRETATION OF AN ITALIAN-AMERICAN CLASSIC.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Boston: Andiamo Mangiare,” GBH Archives, accessed January 25, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9D427805D27E48C69C6CD10ED0B08D40.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Boston: Andiamo Mangiare.” GBH Archives. Web. January 25, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9D427805D27E48C69C6CD10ED0B08D40>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Boston: Andiamo Mangiare. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9D427805D27E48C69C6CD10ED0B08D40