Peep And The Big Wide World; There’s No Place Like Home; Flipping Newton
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- There’s No Place Like Home; Flipping Newton
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 221 THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE HOME QUACK SETS OUT TO PROVE THAT HIS POND IS THE BEST AND BIGGEST POND IN ALL THE WORLD.
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS ARE SETTING UP A LEMONADE STAND. HOW MUCH JUICE IS THERE IN 2 LEMONS? THE KIDS TRY TO ESTIMATE THE VOLUME OF LIQUID HELD IN A LEMON AND IN A PITCHER AS THEY MIX LEMONADE. "TRY HAVING FUN WITH GUESSING, MIXING AND MEASURING."
FLIPPING NEWTON HOW DO YOU UNFLIP A TURTLE? (IT’S NOT AS EASY AS YOU MIGHT THINK!)
INTERSTITIAL: LIFTING BIG ROCKS IS EASY WHEN YOU USE LEVERS. THE KIDS MAKE A LEVER WITH A BOARD AND A BRICK TO RAISE SOME PRETTY HEAVY THINGS. "SEE IF YOU CAN LIFT THINGS WITH THE HELP OF BLOCKS, BRICKS AND BOARDS."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; There’s No Place Like Home; Flipping Newton,” 08/01/2011, GBH Archives, accessed January 24, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9C5A76985B444DF3B5A940F8EB2A55B4.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; There’s No Place Like Home; Flipping Newton.” 08/01/2011. GBH Archives. Web. January 24, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9C5A76985B444DF3B5A940F8EB2A55B4>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; There’s No Place Like Home; Flipping Newton. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9C5A76985B444DF3B5A940F8EB2A55B4