Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Potter's Field
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
- Cadfael, Series IV: The Potter's Field
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
While plowing a nearby field, the Shrewsbury monks stumble on the body of an unidentified woman -- believed to be Generys (Sioned Jones) , the former wife of a local potter, Ruald (Gregor Truter), who left home and hearth a year before to join monks at Shrewsbury. Refusing to believe that Ruald is a murderer and desperate to confirm the woman's identity, Cadfael (Derek Jacobi) launches an inquiry that soon leads him to a troubled family composed of Eudo (Jack Klaff), the lord of the manor on which Ruald and Generys once lived; Eudo's ailing wife, Astola (Mel Martin); and their son Sulien (Robin Laing). All three had a reason to kill Generys -- adultery, jealousy, lust -- but the discovery of a missing ring and a vial of hemlock reveals the truth.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Potter's Field,” GBH Archives, accessed April 1, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_958876013E904FC4A761B78A3D1689C8.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Potter's Field.” GBH Archives. Web. April 1, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_958876013E904FC4A761B78A3D1689C8>.
- APA: Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Potter's Field. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_958876013E904FC4A761B78A3D1689C8