Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Potter's Field
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Cadfael, Series IV: The Potter's Field
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
While plowing a nearby field, the Shrewsbury monks stumble on the body of an unidentified woman -- believed to be Generys (Sioned Jones) , the former wife of a local potter, Ruald (Gregor Truter), who left home and hearth a year before to join monks at Shrewsbury. Refusing to believe that Ruald is a murderer and desperate to confirm the woman's identity, Cadfael (Derek Jacobi) launches an inquiry that soon leads him to a troubled family composed of Eudo (Jack Klaff), the lord of the manor on which Ruald and Generys once lived; Eudo's ailing wife, Astola (Mel Martin); and their son Sulien (Robin Laing). All three had a reason to kill Generys -- adultery, jealousy, lust -- but the discovery of a missing ring and a vial of hemlock reveals the truth.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Potter's Field,” GBH Archives, accessed April 23, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_958876013E904FC4A761B78A3D1689C8.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Potter's Field.” GBH Archives. Web. April 23, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_958876013E904FC4A761B78A3D1689C8>.
- APA: Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Potter's Field. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_958876013E904FC4A761B78A3D1689C8