Evening at Pops; Elaine Paige, Mark Morris Dance Group
5/ 12 & 27/ 97
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Evening at Pops
- Elaine Paige, Mark Morris Dance Group
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
First lady of British musical theater, Elaine Paige, who originated many of Andrew Lloyd Webber's leading roles performs "Evita"'s soulful "Don't Cry for Me Argentina," "Cats"'s wistful "Memory" and "As If We Never Said Goodbye" from "Sunset Boulevard"'s Norma Desmond. Also headlining this evening are members of the Mark Morris Dance Group, one of the world's leading contemporary dance companies, who perform Morris' "Lucky Charms" set to Jacques Ibert's playful "Divertissement."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Elaine Paige, Mark Morris Dance Group,” 05/12/1997, GBH Archives, accessed June 7, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8E7A541A6CCF4DFE85BF58FC8D0F1365.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Elaine Paige, Mark Morris Dance Group.” 05/12/1997. GBH Archives. Web. June 7, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8E7A541A6CCF4DFE85BF58FC8D0F1365>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Elaine Paige, Mark Morris Dance Group. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8E7A541A6CCF4DFE85BF58FC8D0F1365