Ten O'Clock News; Judith Jamison
Interview with Judith Jamison previously of the Alvin Ailey Dance Company. She talks about her current career on Broadway, and what it feels like not to be part of a company anymore. She gives advice for aspiring dancers. They shoot cutaways. Closeup on award presented to Jamison by the Harvard Foundation. Interview with Dr. Allen Counter of Harvard Foundation on the founding of the Harvard Foundation, which tries to improve on problems of racial discord. He also explains why Jamison was chosen for its first cultural award. They shoot cutaways.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Jamison, Judith
- Universities and colleges
- African American women
- Harvard University
- Race relations
- Cambridge (Mass.)
- News Report
- Stevens, Sharon (Reporter)
- Jamison, Judith (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Judith Jamison,” 04/26/1982, GBH Archives, accessed December 8, 2023, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88B6AB27630E4495AAB3B9BBBE558352.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Judith Jamison.” 04/26/1982. GBH Archives. Web. December 8, 2023. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88B6AB27630E4495AAB3B9BBBE558352>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Judith Jamison. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88B6AB27630E4495AAB3B9BBBE558352