Soundings; Music of Ralph Shapey, The
Part of New Television Workshop.
Music of Ralph Shapey
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Music of Ralph Shapey, The
- Series Description
Four performance documentaries featuring award-winning composers. Each program features the composer working with musicians in rehearsal and in studio performances of several works, so that the viewer watches the process as the creative team moves toward a product. Series release date: 1986
- Program Description
Documentary containing interview footage with the composer and narrated overview of his life and music. Includes performances of his music recorded for this program.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Documentaries and factual works
- Performance in a Studio
- Fred Barzyk (Producer)
- Morgan, Carole ()
- Shapey, Ralph, 1921-2002 ()
- Charlston, Elsa ()
- Del Rosario, Emilio ()
- Chicago: “Soundings; Music of Ralph Shapey, The,” GBH Archives, accessed March 1, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_840EC093138742C88E4969F4BB40B2FE.
- MLA: “Soundings; Music of Ralph Shapey, The.” GBH Archives. Web. March 1, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_840EC093138742C88E4969F4BB40B2FE>.
- APA: Soundings; Music of Ralph Shapey, The. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_840EC093138742C88E4969F4BB40B2FE