American Experience; Nixon; Martin Luther King memorial service
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Martin Luther King services _-_ 1. Jacqueline Onassis comes in. RFK seated. Nixon seated (17') _-_ 2. Hubert Humphrey enters (5') _-_ 3. LS altar, casket. King family enters, Ralph Abernathy reading. (41')
- American Experience
- Program Number
Martin Luther King memorial service
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978
- Funeral rites and ceremonies
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
- Atlanta (Ga.)
- Civil rights movement
- Onassis, Jacqueline Kennedy, 1929-1994
- Abernathy, Ralph, 1926-1990
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Onassis, Jacqueline Kennedy, 1929-1994 ()
- Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968 ()
- Abernathy, Ralph, 1926-1990 ()
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 ()
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Martin Luther King memorial service,” 04/09/1968, GBH Archives, accessed November 30, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_808A486EE3DA42A1B53750EC3FE611D5.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Martin Luther King memorial service.” 04/09/1968. GBH Archives. Web. November 30, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_808A486EE3DA42A1B53750EC3FE611D5>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Martin Luther King memorial service. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_808A486EE3DA42A1B53750EC3FE611D5