Say Brother; D.A.N.C.E.
Part of Say Brother.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Say Brother
- Program Number
- Series Description
Say Brother is WGBH's longest running public affairs television program by, for and about African Americans, and is now known as Basic Black. Since its inception in 1968, Say Brother has featured the voices of both locally and nationally known African American artists, athletes, performers, politicians, professionals, and writers including: Muhammad Ali, Maya Angelou, Thomas Atkins, Amiri Baraka, Doris Bunte, Julian Bond, Stokely Carmichael, Louis Farrakhan, Nikki Giovanni, Odetta Gordon, Henry Hampton, Benjamin Hooks, Jesse Jackson, Hubie Jones, Mel King, Eartha Kitt, Elma Lewis, Haki Madhubuti, Wallace D. Muhammad, Charles Ogletree, Babatunde Olatunji, Byron Rushing, Owusu Sadaukai, and Sonia Sanchez. Series release date: 7/15/1968
- Program Description
Half-hour program composed of two dance performances by members of the Dance Theatre of Boston, as directed by company choreographer and musical director Billy Wilson. Performances are titled "Les Deux" and "Black Light," and were performed for a studio audience. Program contains a short interview with Wilson conducted by host Topper Carew. Original air date estimated.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Dance Theatre of Boston
- Wilson, Billy
- African Americans in the performing arts
- African American dance
- Race and Ethnicity
- Barrow-Murray, Barbara (Associate Producer)
- Topper Carew (Producer)
- White, Conrad (Director)
- Jones, Vickie (Associate Producer)
- Davis, Scott (Floor Manager)
- Davis, Tonya (Assistant To The Producer)
- MacDonald, Greg (Cameraman)
- Floyd, Michael (Lighting Assistant)
- Handyside, Keith (Video)
- Carew, Topper (Host)
- Coleman, Vern (Audio)
- Heitman, Clint (Scenic Design)
- Simmons, Fred (VTR Recordist)
- Chigas, Basil (Crane)
- Payne, Hunter (Crane)
- Nicholas , Huntley, Jr. (Film Sound)
- Buccheri, Ron (Switcher)
- Johnson, Henry (Filmmaker)
- Norton, Chas (Lighting Director)
- Kenner, Sharon (Graphics)
- Cross, June (Assistant To The Producer)
- Wareham, Skip (Cameraman)
- Charette, Bill (Cameraman)
- Chicago: “Say Brother; D.A.N.C.E.,” 01/24/1974, GBH Archives, accessed January 27, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7385DE6AAC5C44A891C63C856650A93E.
- MLA: “Say Brother; D.A.N.C.E..” 01/24/1974. GBH Archives. Web. January 27, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7385DE6AAC5C44A891C63C856650A93E>.
- APA: Say Brother; D.A.N.C.E.. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7385DE6AAC5C44A891C63C856650A93E