Arthur; Arthur Loses His Marbles; Friday the 13th
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arthur Loses His Marbles; Friday the 13th
- Program Number
610; 95B; 93A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Arthur Loses His Marbles
When Arthur discovers that Grandma Thora is a marbles champion, he trains with her so he can beat all his friends. And though Thora teaches Arthur everything he knows, she doesn't teach him everything she knows ... and it's Read versus Read in the first-ever Elwood City Marbles Tournament.
Friday the 13th
Brain doesn't believe in superstitions, even though his friends step over sidewalk cracks ... and even Mr. Ratburn walks around ladders. So when Brain's defiance leads to a string of bad luck, he's stunned. Can he reverse the trend before the unluckiest day of them all -- Friday the 13th?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur Loses His Marbles; Friday the 13th,” 11/01/2001, GBH Archives, accessed November 29, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7080EEE649BF468B9911700DA3148678.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur Loses His Marbles; Friday the 13th.” 11/01/2001. GBH Archives. Web. November 29, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7080EEE649BF468B9911700DA3148678>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur Loses His Marbles; Friday the 13th. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7080EEE649BF468B9911700DA3148678