Arthur; Kids Are From Earth,Parents Are From Pluto; Nerves Of Steal
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Kids Are From Earth,Parents Are From Pluto; Nerves Of Steal
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Kids are from Earth, Parents are from Pluto: Francine's dad falling asleep in class? Arthur's dad telling food jokes in the cafeteria? Is it a bad dream?? No, it's Lakewood Elementary Parents Open House! How will the kids survive a whole evening of their parents' embarrassing antics?
Nerves of Steal: Buster can't cope with being the only kid in Elwood City who doesn't have a Cybertoy, so he decides to take matters in his own hands by 'borrowing' one from the store. But Buster gets caught... by his guilty conscience.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Kids Are From Earth,Parents Are From Pluto; Nerves Of Steal,” 10/27/2000, GBH Archives, accessed March 1, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6CE45E81CD3B45328D0C90BD27CA5A70.
- MLA: “Arthur; Kids Are From Earth,Parents Are From Pluto; Nerves Of Steal.” 10/27/2000. GBH Archives. Web. March 1, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6CE45E81CD3B45328D0C90BD27CA5A70>.
- APA: Arthur; Kids Are From Earth,Parents Are From Pluto; Nerves Of Steal. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6CE45E81CD3B45328D0C90BD27CA5A70