Simply Ming; Hoisin Sauce and Pizza Dough
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Simply Ming
- Hoisin Sauce and Pizza Dough
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Susur Lee Ever since Ming’s Grandmother, made him hoisin and chicken pizza when he was a kid, he has adored the combination. And once he really got into cooking, he got loads of creative inspiration from hoisin and pizza dough. So today on SIMPLY MING, Ming shares some of the great results he has achieved with this great East West combo in his Hoisin Leeks and Pork "Pie", and Grilled Hoisin Chicken Sausage and Roasted Bell Pepper Pizza. To cap it off , Ming takes today’s twosome and creates a dessert- his Sweet Hoisin-Ginger Fried Dough. Then, great friend and Top Chef Master, Chef Susur Lee joins Ming to take this master pair and creates Beijing Style Chicken and Shrimp, Green Onion hors d' oeuvres.
Recipes Grilled Hoisin Chicken Sausage and Roasted Bell Pepper Pizza Hoisin Leeks and Pork "Pie" Beijing Style Chicken and Shrimp, Green Onion hors d' oeuvres
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Hoisin Sauce and Pizza Dough,” 09/15/2010, GBH Archives, accessed November 26, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6ABF23CDF33240BDA6152AE08FBF995D.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Hoisin Sauce and Pizza Dough.” 09/15/2010. GBH Archives. Web. November 26, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6ABF23CDF33240BDA6152AE08FBF995D>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Hoisin Sauce and Pizza Dough. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6ABF23CDF33240BDA6152AE08FBF995D