Ten O'Clock News; Wilson's School Reform Plan
Christy George reports that Laval Wilson (Superintendent, Boston Public Schools) has submitted a plan to reform the Boston Public Schools to the Boston School Committee. George notes that the plan represents Wilson's educational philosophy and his vision of how to improve the schools. The School Committee's vote on the plan has turned into a vote of confidence on Wilson. Interviews with School Committee members John Nucci and Joe Casper. Nucci supports Wilson's plan. Casper says the vote will decide if Wilson will lead the school system forward. School Committee members taking a vote. George notes that the Committee appears to have approved most of the plan. George notes that some parents are unhappy with the plan. Interviews with Doris Labitue (parent) and Peter Lowber (parent). Wilson with supporters at a press conference. Charles Stith (Union United Methodist Church) speaks in support of Wilson's plan.
- Ten O'Clock News
Wilson's School Reform Plan
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- School superintendents
- School management and organization
- School boards
- Boston (Mass.). School Committee
- Press conferences
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Wilson's School Reform Plan,” 06/22/1987, GBH Archives, accessed March 4, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69014B3FB10A467391A29D46EF53B238.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Wilson's School Reform Plan.” 06/22/1987. GBH Archives. Web. March 4, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69014B3FB10A467391A29D46EF53B238>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Wilson's School Reform Plan. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_69014B3FB10A467391A29D46EF53B238