Mystery!; American Collection: Skinwalkers
Skinwalkers EMMy dub, packackaged master
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- American Collection: Skinwalkers
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Tony Hillerman's breakthrough Navajo police novel, Skinwalkers, comes to PBS in a two-hour American MYSTERY! special executive-produced by long-time Hillerman fan Robert Redford.
"The Chee and Leaphorn mysteries have been a passion project of mine for 14 years," says Redford, who serves as executive producer along with Rebecca Eaton of MYSTERY! and longtime Redford associate Michael Nozik (Quiz Show).
Directed by Chris Eyre (Smoke Signals) from a script by Jamie Redford, the mystery stars Adam Beach (Smoke Signals) and Wes Studi (Dances with Wolves) as Native American detectives Jim Chee and Joe Leaphorn of the Navajo Tribal Police. Skinwalkers was Hillerman's first book to hit the bestseller lists and is one of 14 Hillerman mysteries featuring these characters, including the recently released The Wailing Wind.
Skinwalkers is the first in a projected series of Hillerman stories on MYSTERY!.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; American Collection: Skinwalkers,” GBH Archives, accessed January 22, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5D130F2A206D46E5A4DBCA116EB6CC43.
- MLA: “Mystery!; American Collection: Skinwalkers.” GBH Archives. Web. January 22, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5D130F2A206D46E5A4DBCA116EB6CC43>.
- APA: Mystery!; American Collection: Skinwalkers. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5D130F2A206D46E5A4DBCA116EB6CC43