Ten O'Clock News; Libertarian Richard Boddie
Richard Boddie is seeking the Libertarian nomination for the 1992 presidential election. Interview with Boddie about the Libertarian Party and his position on the issues. He says that there is no difference between the Democratic and Republican Parties. He talks about the need for government to remove itself from the private lives and economic lives of the citizenry. Boddie calls for reform of the criminal justice system. He says that he will work to empower all people. He accuses other African American politicians of trying to redistribute wealth. Boddie says that the only legitimate function of government is to protect citizens from violations of their rights. Fields notes that the Libertarian nomination is also being sought by Andre Marrou, accompanied by a shot of a photograph of him. Sounds cuts out at the very end of the story. This edition of the Ten O'Clock News also included the following items: Charles McKenney interviewed by Marcus Jones and African American officials in white suburbs
- Ten O'Clock News
Libertarian Richard Boddie
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Libertarian Party
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1992
- Political campaigns
- Political parties
- African American politicians
- Boddie, Richard B.
- News Report
- Boddie, Richard B. (Interviewee)
- Fields, Carmen (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Libertarian Richard Boddie,” 04/22/1991, GBH Archives, accessed December 7, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A43FC6599FE48EA93E45CAAE26CFF14.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Libertarian Richard Boddie.” 04/22/1991. GBH Archives. Web. December 7, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A43FC6599FE48EA93E45CAAE26CFF14>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Libertarian Richard Boddie. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A43FC6599FE48EA93E45CAAE26CFF14