Joyce Chen Cooks; Peking Duck I
Joyce Chen explains the different schools of Chinese cooking. She also tells the true story of the world-famous Peking Duck, how they are specially bred and fed and uniquely prepared for cooking. Summary and select metadata for this record was submitted by Dana Polan.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Joyce Chen Cooks
- Peking Duck I
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 26, 1966 A distinguished restaurateur and author of a popular Chinese cookbook, Mrs. Chen prepares all kinds of Chinese delicacies and everyone of them can be made in the modern kitchen, with ingredients available at the local supermarket. Series release date: 6/30/1966
- Program Description
Joyce Chen explains the different schools of Chinese cooking. She also tells the true story of the world-famous Peking Duck, how they are specially bred and fed and uniquely prepared for cooking.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Asian Cuisine
- Chinese Cooking
- Chen, Joyce, 1917-1994
- American Chinese Cuisine
- Peking, China
- Peking Duck
- Lockwood, Ruth (Series Producer)
- Chen, Joyce, 1917-1994 (Host)
- Mahard, Frances (Other (see note))
- Lockwood, Ruth (Producer)
- Stevens, Mark (Director)
- Publication Information
- Presented by the Estate of Joyce Chen and the WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “Joyce Chen Cooks; Peking Duck I,” 06/30/1967, GBH Archives, accessed August 12, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_508769B64B7E4C4BA873FF68BF3D73D4.
- MLA: “Joyce Chen Cooks; Peking Duck I.” 06/30/1967. GBH Archives. Web. August 12, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_508769B64B7E4C4BA873FF68BF3D73D4>.
- APA: Joyce Chen Cooks; Peking Duck I. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_508769B64B7E4C4BA873FF68BF3D73D4