Martha Speaks; Skits and Mr. Scruffles; Brave Truman
MSPE 302 PBS
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Martha Speaks
- Skits and Mr. Scruffles; Brave Truman
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Skits and Mr. Scruffles Peter K. Hirsch Everyone’s too busy to play with Skits. While he’s moping around the neighborhood, he meets Milo, a lonesome newcomer who just moved to Wagstaff City. The two bond, but when they tell their respective families about their new companion, no one believes they’re real? Vocabulary (E) occupied, companion, lonesome, disappoint, imaginary (I) bored, lonely, twice, play(ed)(ing), fun
Brave Truman Joe Fallon Truman is afraid to try out his new sled on the town’s steepest, scariest, lumpiest hill. His friends are convinced that Truman is braver than he seems. Is he? Vocabulary (E) panic, reaction, terrify(ed)(ing), phobia, reassur(e)(ing) (I) height(s), worr(y)(ied), dizzy, steep, tall
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Skits and Mr. Scruffles; Brave Truman,” GBH Archives, accessed December 2, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4C32223F77F74AB2B38C7DE19EAE0F52.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Skits and Mr. Scruffles; Brave Truman.” GBH Archives. Web. December 2, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4C32223F77F74AB2B38C7DE19EAE0F52>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Skits and Mr. Scruffles; Brave Truman. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4C32223F77F74AB2B38C7DE19EAE0F52