Evening at Pops; Richard Rodgers Tribute, A
Rodgers and Hammerstein
This program cannot be made available on Open Vault.
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you would like research access to the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Evening at Pops
- Richard Rodgers Tribute, A
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Part II: In the second part of EVENING AT POPS' centennial salute to Richard Rodgers, stars of stage and screen join conductor Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops Orchestra to pay tribute to the team of Rodgers and Hart. The cast includes Audra McDonald, Rebecca Luker, Ron Raines, Doug Sills, Mary Testa and Lillias White. A highlight of the program is the world premier of new choreography to "Slaughter on Tenth Avenue" by Mark Morris and the Mark Morris Dance Group.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Richard Rodgers Tribute, A,” 06/14/2002, GBH Archives, accessed December 6, 2022, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4ACA5D04C98448819667E949990ADC76.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Richard Rodgers Tribute, A.” 06/14/2002. GBH Archives. Web. December 6, 2022. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4ACA5D04C98448819667E949990ADC76>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Richard Rodgers Tribute, A. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4ACA5D04C98448819667E949990ADC76